Thursday 19 March 2020

A Service for Mothering Sunday

A Service for Mothering Sunday

March 22nd 2020

Service outline developed by Dinah Dudley
[Please note: YouTube may put adverts before you get the hymn]

Welcome to Worship

SING: 
For the beauty of the earth
For the beauty of the skies 
For the love which from our birth 
Over and around us lies
Father, unto thee we raise
This our sacrifice of praise 

On YouTube. Tune: England's Lane 

Ditto: John Rutter setting

PRAY: Thanks & praise
The Lord's Prayer (see the Virtual Church page)

SING: 
Now thank we all our God
With hearts and hands and voices
Who wondrous things has done
In whom his world rejoices
Who from our mother's arms
Has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love
And still is ours today

On YouTube (with lyrics)

READ: Psalm 136
Give thanks to the LORD for he is good
His love endures for ever 

READ: 2 Corinthians 1, vv 3-7
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others with the comfort we ourselves receive from God
SING:
May the mind of Christ my Saviour
Live in me from day to day
By his love and power controlling 
All I do or say
 On YouTube (with lyrics) (From Toronto, Canada)

 LISTEN

SING:
Brother, sister, let me serve you
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace 
To let you be my servant too
 On YouTube (with lyrics) (From BBC Songs of Praise)

 PRAY: For people and planet

SING:
In heavenly love abiding
No change my heart shall fear
And safe is such confiding
For nothing changes here.
The storm may rage without me,
My heart may low be laid
But God is round about me
And can I be dismayed?
On YouTube (with lyrics)

Go in peace to love and serve the LORD


No comments:

Post a Comment