Sunday 10 January 2021

Video Covenant Services

The Covenant service is held every year in Methodist churches as a time for reflection & rededication. 


This would normally be a shared service with other local churches in the villages through Churches Together but this year, sadly, we cannot do that.


Spend time with God, knowing that others share with you.


If you would prefer a video service, here are a couple of options, both ~45 mins (and with some good hymns!)


Nottingham North East Methodist Circuit has a video (Youtube) Covenant Service online, which you can access vis the Circuit Website

NNE Circuit Website


Similarly, our friends back in Ceredigion have a Covenant Service online:

Ceredigion Circuit


THE COVENANT 

God made a covenant with the people of Israel, a covenant renewed in Jesus Christ our Lord. In this covenant God promises new life in Christ. For our part we promise to live not for ourselves but for God. 

I am no longer my own but yours. 

Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will; 

put me to doing, put me to suffering; 

let me be employed for you or laid aside for you, exalted for you or brought low for you; 

let me be full, let me be empty, 

let me have all things, let me have nothing; 

I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to your pleasure. 

Now, O God, you are mine and I am yours. 

Let the covenant made on earth be ratified in heaven. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment