Friday 20 March 2020

Delia Smith: A Feast for Lent. Friday week 3

Delia Smith: A Feast for Lent. Friday week 3 

I brought some Lent books home from the church library so that I could share some of the reflections here on the website. I'll put some up here on the blog and others on the Virtual Church page.

Living Word
The word of God is something alive and active: it cuts like a two edged sword but more finely, it can slip through to the place where the soul is divided from the spirit, or the joints from the marrow; it can judge the secret emotions and thoughts. No created thing can hide from him; everything is uncovered and open. This is the one to whom we must give an account of ourselves.  (Hebrews, 4, 12-13)
Delia comments: 
Jesus knows what it is like to be human. So we can approach him with confidence and be sure of finding help. So to sum up: we must not be afraid to let the word of God penetrate our lives because Jesus understands and gives grace and the help we need. There would, after all, be no point God sending a saviour if there was nothing to save us from!
A prayer:
Search me, O God, and know my heart.
Test me and know my thoughts.
See that I do not follow the wrong path
and lead me into the path of eternal life.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment